Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Random Thoughts...

Imagine this… You’re lying in a hospital bed. Terribly sick and possibly dying… In Need of a lot of cash! Because of your kindness and fame, donors flock to help you with your finances…

One of them is your millionaire boss. He readily offers you a hefty amount of money.. More than enough to cover your bills in fact! He shakes your hand and says… “Get well J we still have many things to discuss in the office.” He then hands you a blank cheque ..

On the other side is your ever loyal best friend. He comes to your side and says, “Hey bro, here’s my allowance for the week, hope It helps you… even just slightly…” He gives you a tap on the shoulder and a L face… He then hands you a thousand pesos.

The question is… which of these two would you rather have? We often think about the amount of money in every endeavor we get our asses wet with… Seldom do we realize that most of us are not after the money by itself. We want the money and the sense of security… A rich boss? A loyal best friend? You decide!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

im not being a hypocrite here.. but.. i would rather choose my best friend to help me...

yes money might solve my problem physically.. but.. i wouldn't be happy..

but the feeling of having somebody caring for me.. HAPPINESS.. knowing that my bestfriend was there.. ready to give me everything he/she has... i wouldn't choose money in exchange for his/her true love...

coz i know that whatever may happen, he/she will be there to support, love and be with me..

hahhaha.. kakaiba ka tlga mag post jayson.. the best! :P

8:42 PM  
Blogger Jayson said...

I'd do the same... :D I may be too idealistic when I say that I'd rather die than to be denied of love and company.. but who the hell cares ^^ we have our own opinions...

9:01 PM  
Blogger demoiselle said...

bravo! eehehe!! so true.. ^_^

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what if your loyal best friend told you to choose the boss over him/her because he/she cares for you as your loyal best friend? haha lolz 8P

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when i read this, i remember the question raised in orient2. Who will you save if your boat sinks? your enemy whose very near where you are or your best friend, who is very far away?

similarly,its very hard to choose,if we are thinking practically, choosing the 1000 bill wont even cover for your medicine,yet the fact that it came from someone important makes you want to think twice..

for me, ill take my boss's(tama ba to?hehe)money..that may sound very insensitive. but doing that will guarantee my recovery and surely i will also have the chance to thank my bestfriend for what he has done for me..


jayson.. blog mo, napakaintellectual!!

2:29 AM  
Blogger Jayson said...

lol... bagay kayo ni alain :)) pareho utak amf. salamat sa comment..

12:34 PM  
Blogger Aja said...

Well, I know already for a fact that my bestfriend cares for me. I'd take my boss's money and thank them both anyway. Besides, I am not after the money, I am after my health.

BTW, bakit hindi pwedeng both? :P

12:03 AM  
Blogger Jayson said...

Lol... cause this question is supposed to let you realize what it is that's more important to you. You dont have to answer it in practical terms.. Just a brainteaser :)

12:20 AM  
Blogger Aja said...

At that moment, what's important to me is my health. So, I take the money. :P

12:23 AM  
Blogger Jayson said...

well said :)

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home