Sunday, May 14, 2006

Subjectivity

In my 18, arguably productive years of existence I’ve noticed that there are things which I just can’t grasp right. Among these things is Subjectivity. I just feel incessantly bothered by the fact that there are some, probably many things in this world that just have to be weighed and measured not by sheer well defined standards but by the apparent rapport a state/object has on a person’s taste / outlook on the matter at hand.

I wish to share my thoughts in this seemingly enigmatic scenario.

For one, is it not unfair when some people get better salaries/grades just because their bosses/professors think that they were exerting more on the job than their peers? Did he, the favored one really do better? We shall never know.

Overtime, I was also able to realize the importance of subjectivity… Subjectivity is used as the last resort when defined standards fail or is unable to arrive at a verdict. Hmm… This post is quickly turning pointless… All I really have to say is that I believe that people should use their subjectivity only when circumstances demand them to…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home