Monday, May 15, 2006

On Stereotyping...

I was casually sitting on the couch watching PBB when something caught my attention and eventually enraged me. It was Mikee saddened by his housemates’ reason for nominating him.

Because he was an “atenista”, his housemates thought that he was so well off and even assumed that he was living a “buhay prinsipe”. People often associate a certain class’s attributes to the members of that particular class.

I can only share mikee’s sentiments regarding that matter. It sucks.

Here are some examples i wanna show you.

  1. Speaking in Taglish doesn’t mean na maarte at coño ka na.
  2. Wearing pink and carry girly items doesn’t make you a homosexual.
  3. Joining another religion doesn’t mean na your going to hell in the afterlife.
  4. Kissing or engaging in sexual intercourse doesn’t mean na patapon na ang life mo at wala ka nang future.
  5. Having multiple 0.0’s in yout transcript doesn’t mean na thos who have 4.0’s all over are better than you are!
  6. Being an “Atenista” or “Lasallista” or “Assumptionista” doesn’t mean na mayaman ka at wala ka nang pangangailangan sa buhay.

Oh well. These people only express their feelings as guaranteed by our constitution. All I can do is appeal to those concerned, that they may lessen if not totally remove their disturbing habit and pray to God to ask for perseverance in keeping myself from kicking these people’s asses. JK :D

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i admit that my first impression on Mikee is he is annoying (because i get easily annoyed with conio people). hindi naman pala. =P

_khauri_

1:43 AM  
Blogger Jayson said...

oh well... impressions... :D For me there's nothing wrong with being conio - not that I am. haha pero In my belief people are best being what they really are. ;)

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love this article.. sooo true.. ahaha yung iba mejo applicable sayo ah!! nyahahaa luv yah jay!

3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home