Monday, May 15, 2006

Recursive thoughts

Back in Compro2 I learned the concept of recursive code segments... To demonstrate this lemme show you this code segment...


func()
{
//other statements here
func();
}


I really didn't like that stuff. But now I've found a pattern in my thinking similar to recursion in programming..

Haha I often find myself off guard thinking recursively. Lemme give you an example.

When I see someone doing something wrong, the first thing that comes to my mind is 1 "poor kid, he doesn't know what he's doing..." the next is 2 "Look at yourself, you think you're so well mannered. By thinking like that, you make yourself no different to him." and still the next is.. 3 "Oh yeah, because thought 2 bothered me, I am a really good person" and the next is.. "Duh.. the mere existence of thought 3 proves that you are indeed bad"

The list of thoughts goes on and on.. Like two mirrors positioned facing each other...

I don't know if this is healthy haha.. Have you guys experienced this yourselves? :D

3 Comments:

Blogger Aja said...

Well, yes—many times already. That's why I could literally think for hours and still can not stick to one final thought in the end, if there is an end. I sometimes simply give up thinking ... then eat. :lol:

1:01 AM  
Blogger Jayson said...

eat huh.. I hope that would stop the mirror effect... :D Unfortunately, i think it aggravates my condition..

1:17 AM  
Blogger mathemal said...

Mathematics is a recursive language which I enjoy. I also enjoy writing about the experience of learning it in a way which I call autobiographical learning. The assumptions upon which the language of math is built, if not understood, preclude any philosophical understanding of the subject. On a practical level the language may be applied to physical, real world examples thereby introducing an interdimensional recursion. snicker

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home