Friday, May 02, 2008

Music to make you ponder

Croatian Rhapsody as rendered by Maksim Mrvica

I usually enjoy Trance, Dance, Techno and Gym(those that get you going in the gym) music... I find these types of music really uplifting and often times i get a certain drive from listening to this stuff.

I enjoy FOB, MCR etc during commutes because of the profound yet not too disturbing way (at least according to my standards) they deliver their message - Perhaps this is because is share their pains. (I don't eve know what genre their music belongs to- I'ts a casual thing)

However, I also am a fan of some Classical renditions (yeah particularly this one). This type of music on the other hand gives me the subtle change of mood to start reflecting and realizing day to day or even chronologically remote events that have transpired.

This particular post is dedicated to the Classical sideof my "musical taste". This particular piece is one of the more influential mp3 files that gets my brain on its feet especially when thinking about philosophy and life as I've lived it and will live it in general.

I feel like I'm in a roller coaster gliding over memories of me from way back to far in the future. I imagine myself as that particular sperm cell that got in that particular egg cell, I imagine the cell division, the forming of limbs etc, I imagine my birth, my upbringing as a little boy, our old neighborhood where I frequently ran and play - where I frequently wounded my knee because of bad falls.

I imagine the first day I went to school, the way my mom hid behind the corner just to give me the impression that I was alone. I remember my teachers, my classmates albeit no longer their full names but their warm or otherwise mean remarks... I remember High school, my friends, my graduation....

I remember my first day in college, my friends my subjects,

Then I come to realize the point where I am now..... Then I imagine things about the future. Graduation, Work, relationships, family, retirement, growing old, travelling, My internment, decomposition and ultimately being food to those belonging to the lower levels of the food chain...

Haha, I am beginning to doubt myself about these thoughts and I wonder.... Am i eccentric for having thought of these things? :D

For those of you who have time to listen, do download it and try to listen to it.

Try to listen... and tell me what you think.. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home